The University of Ottawa Institute of Mental Health Research (IMHR) and Great West Life in partnership with the CIHR Institute of Neurosciences, Mental Health and Addiction (INMHA) will provide funding for applications that are determined to be relevant to the following research priority areas described below.
- Contribution to the understanding and/or treatment of depression and co-morbidity with a focus on translational research and
- Early detection (e.g. diagnostic biomarkers, brain imaging), or
- Environmental vulnerability factors, or
- Therapeutic intervention.
- More information on the research priorities of the IMHR and CIHR-INMHA can be found on their websites.
- The total amount available for this funding opportunity is $165,000. This amount may increase if additional funding partners decide to participate.
- The maximum amount awarded for a single award is $55,000 per annum for up to 3 years.
- This Priority Announcement will require the completion of a Relevance Form. Applicants are encouraged to clearly identify the population studied (e.g., gender, age group, ethnic or social background) in the relevance form.
- Trainees must propose a research training program in Canada to be eligible for this award.
- Awardees must provide a final report to INMHA and IMHR within six months after the end of the funding period. A template will be provided by INMHA.
- Awardees must acknowledge the University of Ottawa Institute of Mental Health Research, Great West Life and CIHR in all publications and communications related to the funded project.