Mental Health Community Library
Monday to Friday, 9:00am-4:30pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
Saturday and Sunday, 10:00am-2:00pm
Winter Garden Café
The café is located in the Winter Garden, a bright, open social space on the 2nd floor.
Monday to Friday, 7:00am to 4:00pm
- Four varieties of coffee freshly brewed from the roasted Arabic beans
- Mocha and cappuccino
- Wonderful creamy hot chocolate
- Assorted juices and drinks
- Variety of fresh baked goods
- Fresh fruit
- Cheese and crackers
- variety of sandwiches
Located at the front entrance
Monday to Friday, 4:00pm to 8:00pm
Saturday and Sunday, 9:30am to 1:30pm
Winter Garden Boutique
Second Floor in the Winter Garden
Gently used clothing, professional attire through My First Suit, stationary and toiletries for sale. Donations always appreciated.
Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Winter Garden Hair Unisex Salon
The Salon is serviced by a professional Hairstylist
Hair cuts, colour, highlights, perms and waxing
Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 3:00pm.
Appointments after 3:00pm available on request.
613-722-6521 x. 6722
Spiritual and Cultural Health
Spiritual and Cultural Health services with The Royal are available to patients, families and staff. The three chaplains, master level students from St. Paul University, community faith and cultural group leaders, and volunteers of the service are available to provide care, support, advocacy and community resources that enhance well being and hope to deal with the struggles, challenge and celebrations of life.
Individual and group programs are available and include but are not limited to:
- Introduction to spiritual practices that facilitate recovery.
- Identifying and working with conflict of beliefs regarding treatment.
- Religious, spiritual or cultural issues that need to be identified as important in an individual’s life and recovery.
- Bereavement support.
- Dealing with loneliness and meaninglessness.
- Arranging for spiritual, religious and cultural support from a chaplain or community member.
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction training.
- Opportunity to discuss, without judgment, feelings of hopelessness, despair or low self esteem.
- Help adjusting to living with an illness and being in recovery.
- Requesting a religious or cultural ritual.
- Support to connect with a community spiritual, religious or cultural group.
To inquire about scheduled religious or spiritual services or groups, contact one of the following.
The Rev. Kelley Raab Mayo, MDiv, PhD.
613.722.6521 x. 6308
Chaplain Marie Jeanne Murphy
Spiritual and Cultural Care Associate
613.722.6521 x. 6935
The Rev. H. Grace McBride, MDiv, MSW
Director of Spiritual and Cultural Health
613.345.1461 ext. 2680