There is a therapeutic value to involving your family members, significant others, friends and supporters so visitors are encouraged during your treatment at The Royal. Your treatment team can assist you to connect or reconnect with family, friends and community supports.
It is best to confirm visiting hours and regulations with your program. The number of visitors at one time will be assessed according to your individual needs. Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult.
We are dedicated to providing education and support for family members of people living with mental illness. Learn more about our family education and support groups, public information sessions and Family Council.
A variety of services are available at The Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre, including a spiritual care centre, cafeteria, winter garden, coffee shop, clothing boutique, hair salon, gym, vending machines, plus a Mental Health Community Library open to the public.
If you have a fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat, rash, vomiting, diarrhea or any other sign of a communicable disease, we ask that you not visit The Royal until you have been symptom free for at least 48 hours.
- Parking at the Brockville Mental Health Centre is free and available throughout the campus.
- Pay parking is at the main entrance and along the ring road that circles the campus at 1145 Carling Avenue.
- Parking passes are available from the Cashier’s Office, located off the Winter Garden (Atrium area) on the second floor. Packs of 5-visit or 16-visit passes ($26 or $82 at the time of printing) are also available. The Cashier’s Office is open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. -11:30 a.m.
- For longer-term inpatient parking, please speak with your treatment team, who will contact the parking department on your behalf.
- Geriatric client pick up and drop off: 2 spots at main entrance. 15 minute time limit.
- Client pick-up and drop-off: 2 spots at main entrance. 15 minute time limit.
- Accessible parking: 8 spots available at main entrance. These are part of the pay parking.