Notice of non-union position vacant
Date Posted: July 12, 2011
Position: Manager, Patient Care Services, Integrated Forensic Program
Regular Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
Location: Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre
Reporting to the Director, Patient Care Services, the Manager, Patient Care Services (MPCS) provides front line professional and administrative leadership for the team in the delivery of mental health services. The MPCS is accountable for the quality of service clients receive and for monitoring and maintaining appropriate standards of an interdisciplinary professional mental health team in accordance with established standards of practice and policy.
In line with the Royal’s vision, mission and values:
- Provide clinical and administrative leadership.
- A thorough knowledge of best practices and clinical experience in assessment and treatment of persons with a severe mental illness and concurrent disorders.
- Front line management, overseeing more than one area with a wide span of control.
- Collaborate with the Clinical Director and DPCS in the achievement of strategic goals and objectives.
- Participate in recruitment, labour relations and evaluation.
- Ensuring compliance with established standards of practice, corporate policies and guidelines.
- Support development of specialty clinical expertise.
- Support the interdisciplinary approach to client-centred patient care and recovery principles.
- Responsible for the integration and coordination of patient services across disciplines.
- Assist with budget preparation.
- Ensure accurate completion of time cards (ESP/ROSS system).
- Manage team operations and provide monitoring and supervision.
- Implement corporate attendance management.
- Role model ROHCG values.
- Support and maintain the development of a learning environment with the team.
- Ensure safety and risk management practices within the program.
- Participate in development and delivery of educational and informational programs for employees, clients, families and the public.
- Ensure indicators are developed, monitored and evaluated and communicated related to the mental health services provided.
- Ensure communication and understanding of corporate strategic plan, policies, etc. with front line staff/
- Implement policies, procedures, objectives, standards and quality improvement measures.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels.
- Ensure sufficient fiscal resources are available.
- Complete annual performance review/development with assigned staff.
- Identify capital and operating budget requirements, monitor performance, initiate corrective plans as necessary.
- Manage in compliance within collective agreements and applicable legislation.
- Manage within a continuous quality improvement and collaborative approach.
- Implement corporate initiatives such as patient safety and infection control.
- To work in a manner that is in compliance with staff and patient/client safety practices, policies and procedures of the ROHCG.
- To ensure a work environment that is conducive to the ROHCG Respectful Workplace policy.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing with evidence of continuing education/learning.
- Current Registration with CNO.
- Demonstrated leadership in planning, organizing, implementation and evaluation; scheduling; proposal development; labour relations; budgeting.
- Three years clinical experience with Concurrent disorders and Substance Use.
- One year management experience.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated communication skills (oral and written).
- Able to manage conflicting priorities and multiple demands.
- Knowledge of relevant legislated acts (e.g. Mental Health Act, Public Hospitals Act, SDA, etc.)
- English level A- in oral comprehension, oral expression, reading and writing is mandatory.
- Bilingualism (French/ English) is preferred.
Date Required: ASAP
Please apply in writing to the Human Resources department, quoting the above competition number on or before July 30, 2011
Current resumes required