Achieving Certification: The Psychiatric Mental Health Review Course
This is a two-day course providing a comprehensive nursing based review of major mental illnesses and best-practice guidelines for nursing care.
Who should attend: Nurses and other clinicians interested in updating knowledge and skills in psychiatric mental health care.
Dates: February 24, 2012 & March 9, 2012
Full (2 Day) Tuition:
- ROMHC site—$160 (includes breaks & lunch)
- Virtual Registration—$110 Single day Tuition
- ROMHC site—$80 (includes breaks & lunch)
- Virtual Registration—$55
- Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre, Associates in Psychiatry Auditorium, 1145 Carling Ave, Ottawa
- Virtual Sites: To participate through live videoconferencing through the Ontario Telemedicine Network, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-722-6521, ext. 6570
Mental Health in Corrections
Best Practices and the Secure Treatment Unit Model
Presenters will describe the essential and effective working relationship between corrections and mental health staff which has been fundamental to the success of the Secure Treatment Unit (STU).
Invited speakers from outside the STU will outline the problems mentally disordered offenders present to correctional facilities while the Ontario Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services (MCSCS) and ROHCG personnel will describe the development and implementation of programming at the STU. Workshops will focus on specific programs of each unit of the STU as well as group treatments for anger, sexual offending, trauma, and substance abuse. Strategies in discharge planning will be described, as what will work with First Nation offenders.
DATES: May 3 – 4, 2012
TIME: 8:30 a.m. (registration & refreshments)
LOCATION: The Royal, 1145 Carling Ave., Associates in Psychiatry Auditorium
COST includes lunch and breaks for both days):
- Regular: $295.
- MCSCS Employees: $200.
- Students: $150.