The Royal Ottawa Foundation for Mental Health raises funds to support the best possible patient care and leading edge research provided by the Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre, the Brockville Mental Health Centre, and the uOttawa Institute of Mental Health Research.
As a not-for-profit arms-length fundraising organization governed by a dedicated and skilled volunteer Board of Directors, we:
- Focus on improving the health and lives of those living with mental illness
- Communicate with our donors openly, honestly and transparently
- Demonstrate integrity in our financial management and disbursement of donor funds
The Foundation raises, manages, and disburses funds to support the Royal Ottawa Heath Care Group in its continuing efforts to provide the highest quality of patient care possible.
The Foundation’s funds are used to purchase Hospital equipment for capital projects, to support research, and to contribute to the improvement of patient care, now and for the future.
Read our audited financial statements for the year ending March 31, 2011.
We respect your privacy and protect your personal information and do not rent, sell or trade our mailing lists. The information you provide will be used to keep you informed about the Foundation’s activities and funding needs. If at any time you wish to be removed from these periodic contacts, please contact the Foundation office at 613.722.6521 ext. 6747 and we will promptly accommodate your request.
The difference we’ve made – thanks to you!
Our donors, supporters and corporate sponsors have helped to make incredible strides in mental health research and have significantly improved patient care. Thanks to our donors, the Foundation has:
- established a professional development endowment fund for nurses
- supported world-class researchers in finding causes and treatment for some of the most prevalent mental illnesses today including Alzheimer’s Disease, depression, bipolar disorder and schizophrenia
- purchased special beds for patients in the geriatric psychiatry program that help to reduce the number of patients who fall out of bed and ensure a higher level of comfort for our frailest patients
- funded an occupational therapy program that teaches patients how to develop a website. This provides not only an opportunity for self expression, but also the development of technology skills that are transferrable to the working world
- funded a family resource centre in Brockville to provide families and patients with learning tools to help them manage life with mental illness
- and so much more…