The Royal's Youth Video Contest is closed. Check back in the fall for our 2021 contest details or watch for announcements in our social media!
How Can You Tell Your Story?
Become part of a movement that will inspire the world through acceptance, support and inclusion of those affected by mental illness. Thanks to sponsors Mental Health Commission of Canada and the Canadian Medical Association, we want you to share your voice!
Share your voice by creating a 30-second video that creatively expresses your connection to mental health.
Create a video and send us your submission. If your video is chosen by the judges you could win prizes of $1000 or $500. You may enter as a group or an individual.
Your 30-second video could:
- Promote a call to action - get peers involved in the fight against the stigma of mental illness.
- Share a personal connection to mental illness and its effects on you and your peers.
- Highlight differences that youth (including yourself or your peers) have made in the mental health field in your community.
- Pitch ways to encourage people to talk about mental illness.
- Tell us what mental illness or mental health mean to you.
- Share ideas how others can incorporate positive mental health in our community.
- Talk to us about mental illness in a creative way.
Here's how it works:
- You must be between 12 and 21 to enter. If under 18 you must get parental or guardian consent to enter
- Upload your video to any online video sharing site such as Youtube or Vimeo.
- Fill out the entry form and cut and paste the LINK to your video that you have uploaded.
- Submit your entry and we will contact you if the judges choose your entry as a finalist.
- Your video must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on the deadline date TBC.