At The Royal's Institute of Mental Health Research (IMHR), affiliated with the University of Ottawa, we value our strong partnerships.
Engaging our academic and health partners in leading-edge multidisciplinary research programs helps us to foster innovative ways of diagnosing, treating and preventing mental illness.
We believe that by working together, we can successfully translate new research discoveries into improved clinical services, education, advocacy, policy and awareness; ultimately providing patients suffering from mental illness with the highest quality care.
The Royal is a proud member of the Council of Academic Hospitals of Ontario representing Ontario’s Research Hospitals.
Below are just a few of our current partners in research:
- Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction
- Canadian Depression Research and Intervention Network
- Department of National Defence
- The Mental Health Commission of Canada
- The Mood Disorders Society of Canada
- Veterans Affairs Canada
RESEARCH INSTITUTES & UNIVERSITIES
- Algonquin College
- Bruyère Research Institute
- Canadian Institute for Military and Veteran Health Research
- Carleton University
- Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) Research Institute
- Dalhousie University
- Harvard University
- Johns Hopkins University
- McGill University
- Ottawa Hospital Research Institute (OHRI)
- University of Ottawa Heart Institute