Talking to our donors
The Royal Ottawa Foundation for Mental Health is calling supporters to help fund patient care and fuel innovative research.
Our telemarketing partner is Stratcom, which provides a wide variety of services on our behalf. By answering the phone and making a donation, you can be a mental health hero!
Stratcom’s comprehensive training and deep knowledge of the Royal Ottawa Foundation's mission and programs make it easy for them to help you support mental health in our community.
We have confidence in our telemarketing partners, and you can too.
Telemarketing Program FAQs
- Why does the Royal Ottawa Foundation use a third-party vendor to collect donations through the phone?
Running a telemarketing fundraising campaign requires a large and experienced team. Our telemarketing partner, Stratcom, helps us raise much-needed dollars for the highest priority needs for patients at The Royal. Stratcom is a trusted organization who has helped other non-profits like the David Suzuki Foundation, Amnesty International and TVO since 2013.
- Is it safe to give my banking information or credit card over the phone?
Yes, providing your information over the phone is safe. Our tele-fundraisers follow PCI-compliant procedures to ensure your information remains secure and confidential.
- How do I know if the person calling me is from the Royal Ottawa Foundation? Is there someone I can contact?
- Are your Tele-Fundraisers on commission?
Tele-fundraisers receive pay based on hourly wages, without any commission component.
- Why is the Royal Ottawa Foundation calling me?
The Royal Ottawa Foundation may contact you for various reasons. We may call to thank you for a previous donation, or to inform you about fundraising initiatives such as matching gift opportunities, monthly giving, legacy gifts or gifts of securities. You may also donate online.