Spiritual and Cultural Health services with The Royal are available to patients, families and staff. The three chaplains, master level students from St. Paul University, community faith and cultural group leaders, and volunteers of the service are available to provide care, support, advocacy and community resources that enhance well being and hope to deal with the struggles, challenge and celebrations of life.
Individual and group programs are available and include but are not limited to:
- Introduction to spiritual practices that facilitate recovery.
- Identifying and working with conflict of beliefs regarding treatment.
- Religious, spiritual or cultural issues that need to be identified as important in an individual’s life and recovery.
- Bereavement support.
- Dealing with loneliness and meaninglessness.
- Arranging for spiritual, religious and cultural support from a chaplain or community member.
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction training.
- Opportunity to discuss, without judgment, feelings of hopelessness, despair or low self esteem.
- Help adjusting living with an illness and being in recovery.
- Requesting a religious or cultural ritual.
- Support to connect with a community spiritual, religious or cultural group.
To inquire about scheduled religious or spiritual services or groups, contact one of the following.
Alex Philippi, BEd, MDip, MA
+1 (613) 345-1461 ext. 2680, Forensic Treatment Unit
+1 (613) 341-2870 ext. 1125, Secure Treatment Unit